Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Recipe | Heat Resistant Apple Gel With Apple Blossom Using Special Ingredients Gellan Gum And Malic Acid
Heat Resistant Apply Gel With Apple Blossom Using Special Ingredients Gellan Gum & Malic Acid
Impress your customers or guests with this delicious mouth watering desert, specially created by Vince Kelly, one of the worlds most leading molecular chefs.
We highly recommend you watch the below recipe video which will demonstrate the recipe process from preperation to completion.
- Silicone 6 Large Half Sphere Mould (13.3cm x 19.5cm) (Available to buy on this web page)
- Chef Squeezy Bottle Clear 680ml / 24oz (Available to buy on this web page)
- 200ml Apple Juice
- 50g Caster Sugar
- 35g Caster Sugar
- Fresh Apple Blossom or Edible Flower
- 0.5g Special Ingredients Gellan Gum Low Acyl (Available to buy on this web page)
- A pinch Of Special Ingredients Malic Acid (Available to buy on this web page)
- Mix Special Ingredients Gellan Gum with 5g of the sugar to help dispersement and set aside.
- In a saucepan heat the Apple Juice with the remaining 45g of sugar and Malic Acid.
- Add the Gellan Gum and sugar mixture whilst constantly whisking.
- Bring to the boil.
- Using a funnel, fill a bottle and allow to cool slightly.
- Gently pour the mixture into moulds.
- When semi set add Apple Blossom/Edible Flowers using tweezers so it sets in the middle of sphere.
- Place in fridge for 1 hour to fully set.
Equipment And Ingredients
All of our own brand Special Ingredients and equipment for this recipe can be found at the top of this page ready to purchase. Should you require alternate ingredient quantities or alternate equipment options, please use the below links.
|Product Name||Heat Resistant Apple Gel With Apple Blossom Using Special Ingredients Gellan Gum And Malic Acid|
|Recipe Type||Starters Recipes|
|Recipe Products||Gellan Gum, Malic Acid|