Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Recipe | Coconut Mousse Using Carrageenan
Coconut Mousse Using Special Ingredients Carrageenan
Impress your customers or guests with this special exquisite desert as demonstrated by the worlds most leading molecular chefs.
We highly recommend you watch the below recipe video which will demonstrate the recipe process from preperation to completion.
- Cream Whipper (Available to buy on this web page)
- Food Blender
- 400g Coconut Milk
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 1.5g Salt
- 3g Special Ingredients Carrageenan Kappa (Available to buy on this web page)
- 1.8g Special Ingredients Carrageenan Iota (Available to buy on this web page)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a pan and bring to a simmer whilst whisking (We did this in a pan on a hob on the robot cook to demonstrate its cooking ability, but it can be done fine with a standard)
- Simmer the mixture for 3 minutes then pour the liquid out into a container to set.
- Once set blend the Coconut Gel to a smooth, silky puree.
- Place the puree in a cream whipper and charge with nitrous oxide.
- Dispense the finished mousse from the whipper when ready to serve.
- We served this with cherry puree, dark chocolate and freeze dried cherry.
Equipment And Ingredients
All of our own brand Special Ingredients and equipment for this recipe can be found at the top of this page ready to purchase. Should you require alternate ingredient quantities or alternate equipment options, please use the below links.
|Product Name||Coconut Mousse Using Carrageenan|
|Recipe Type||Dessert Recipes|
|Recipe Products||Carrageenan Iota, Carrageenan Kappa|