Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Recipe | Gin & Tonic Spheres Using Reverse Spherification
Gin & Tonic Spheres Using Reverse Spherification Technique
Impress your customers or guests with this special exquisite desert prepared using a technique previously only exercised by the worlds most leading molecular chefs. With this recipe you will make delicious mouth watering Gin and Tonic liquid filled spheres using the Reverse Spherification technique.
We highly recommend you watch the below recipe video which will demonstrate the recipe process from preperation to completion.
- Silicone 6 Small Half Sphere Mould (8cm x 11cm) (Available to buy on this web page)
- Molecular Collecting Spoon (Available to buy on this web page)
Sodium Alginate Bath Ingredients
- 1 Litre of water (Use low calcium water such as Volvic)
- 5g Sodium Alginate (Available to buy on this web page)
- 100g Tonic Water
- 40g Cucumber Juice
- 35g Caster Sugar
- 30g Dry Gin
- 15g Lime Juice
- 3g Special Ingredients Calcium Lactate (Available to buy on this web page)
- 1g Special Ingredients Xanthan Gum (Available to buy on this web page)
Sodium Alginate Bath Preperation
- Add water to blender.
- Whilst blending the water, gradually add the Special Ingredients Sodium Alginate.
- Blend for 2-3 minutes until well disolved.
- Leave to settle in the fridge for 2 hours.
Make Your Spheres
- Combine all the wet ingredients in a blender.
- Whilst blending, gradually add your dry ingredeints.
- Pour the mixture into a mould and place into the freezer.
- Heat the Sodium Alginate bath to 50°C.
- A couple at a time, add the frozen hemispheres to the alginate bath.
- Stir carefully.
- Remove and refresh your Spheres in cold water.
- Pour tonic into a Cream Whipper.
- Carefully place spheres into the Cream Whipper.
- Charge with CO2 and chill for at least 2 hours.
- Vent the Cream Whipper and carefully pour out.
Equipment And Ingredients
All of our own brand Special Ingredients and equipment for this recipe can be found at the top of this page ready to purchase. Should you require alternate ingredient quantities or alternate equipment options, please use the below links.
|Product Name||Gin & Tonic Spheres Using Reverse Spherification Technique|
|Recipe Type||Dessert Recipes|
|Recipe Products||Calcium Lactate, Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum|