Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Locust Bean Gum 250g
Alternatively known as Carob Gum and is extracted from the Carob tree by grinding the endosperm of its seeds. Its uses are as a thickener or stabilizer and it possesses water-binding properties. It disperses in cold or hot water and dissolves at >85.0°C depending on the medium and the process. It can be used in aqueous dairy or fruit media with various total solids. Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated.
- Increase the viscosity and thickness of liquids. Use to create fluid heat-stable gels
- Add to frozen products to prevent ice crystals from forming and to improve the texture
- A small amount added to a recipe can prevent the leeching of liquids
- Creates an extremely stretchy gel when blended with Xanthan Gum
- Suitable for Vegans Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated
How to use: Dosage Rates: 3 – 11 grams per kg. Add Locust Bean Gum gradually to your liquid/solution whilst stirring vigorously. Locust Bean is soluble cold but dissolves easier in hot liquids and will provide the highest viscosity when heated above 60°C.
Storage Conditions: Store in dry, cool conditions and not in direct sunlight. Use within 6 months of opening.
Ingredients: Locust (Carob) Bean Gum E410.
Dietary Information: Suitable for Vegans & Vegetarians, Non-GMO, Gluten Free, Non-Irradiated, Halal friendly, Kosher friendly.
Nutritional Information: Based on typical content/100g: Energy: 816kJ/202kCal, Fat: <1.5g, Of which saturates: 0.1g, Carbohydrate: <1.0g, Of which sugars: <1.0g, Protein: <7.0g, Salt: 0.01g, Fibre: ˃75g.
Labelling according to UK & EU regulations.
|Product Name||Locust Bean Gum|
|Product Weight||250 Grams|