Local Storage seems to be disabled in your browser.
For the best experience on our site, be sure to turn on Local Storage in your browser.
Recipe | Spicy Balsamic Orange And Basil Marmalade Using Special Ingredients Pectin Powder
Spicy Balsamic Orange And Basil Marmalade Using Special Ingredients Pectin Powder
Impress your customers or guests with this delicious Spicy Balsamic Orange and Basil Marmalade recipe created by world renowned chef Vince Kelly.
We highly recommend you watch the below recipe video which will demonstrate the recipe process from preperation to completion.
- Airtight Container
- 2 Blood Oranges (Peeled Without Pith)
- 2 Oranges (Peeled Without Pith)
- 200ml Good Quality Orange Juice
- 100ml Good Quality Italian Balsamic Vinegar
- 5 Chopped Basil Leaves
- 5g Red Chilli Finely Chopped
- 1 Good Pinch Of Salt
- 200g Caster Sugar
- 5g Special Ingredients Pectin Powder (Available to buy on this web page)
- Chop up the peeled Orange segments and juienne the amount of peel you require in your marmalade.
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the Pectin) in a large saucepan and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Lower the heat and simmer for 1 hour or until a thick gel consistency is reached.
- Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely. Pulse it in a blender or food processor, but do not puree.
- Add the blended mixture back into the pan and out on medium heat , gradually add the Pectin whilst whisking. Bring back to the boil for one 1 minute until the Pectin is fully dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and put into sterilised airtight containers. Allow to cool and place in fridge to set.
Equipment And Ingredients
All of our own brand Special Ingredients and equipment for this recipe can be found at the top of this page ready to purchase. Should you require alternate ingredient quantities or alternate equipment options, please use the below links.
|Product Name||Spicy Balsamic Orange And Basil Marmalade Using Special Ingredients Pectin Powder|
|Recipe Type||Marmalade / Jam Recipes|